We have an offer, a deposit, and condition removal date is Friday. If all goes well, possession is March 31, and we should be on a plane!!
Thank you to everyone for all the support and encouragement, and I’m sure more than a few crossed fingers.
This is really it!
I just haven’t sold the condo yet. This place is really targetted for a specific market, and I just haven’t tapped it yet.
We’re practically ready to go, otherwise. We have all the shots, most of the gear, most of the paperwork (just need the Syrian visa, which we’ll get as soon as we have tickets and a known departure date)…
Everyone keep their fingers and toes crossed for us, say a little prayer, whatever you can do to send us luck so we can be on our way!
I guess this blog is looking suspiciously dead. It is not. It is simply waiting for departure. I have all my funds together, but Kathy’s plan is to sell her condo, so we have it listed, but not yet sold. As soon as we have a buyer and a possession date agreed to, we’ll buy tickets and things will kick into high gear. For now, all that can be done is wait.